Sunday, August 2, 2009
Fire Station No. 16, Old: 1947, New: 2009
Old Fire Station No. 16, 1401 North Lewis Avenue, 1947
New Fire Station No. 16, 2412 North Harvard Avenue, 2009
One of Tulsa's oldest fire stations has been replaced with a modern building that uses the latest concepts in fire station design. The $2.75 million station at 2412 N. Harvard Ave. houses Station 16, which previously operated out of an aging building at 1401 N. Lewis Ave. Equipped with a cavernous garage, stainless steel kitchen and dozens of other upgrades, the 11,830-square-foot station opened July 13. At the old station, firefighters squeezed into a cramped building that was built in 1948.
Quoted from an article by Matt Barnard, Tulsa World, Jul. 22, 2009, in the Fire Department Network News.